As part of its “steering women towards success” initiatives, the Institute for Women Of Aviation Worldwide (iWOAW) identifies organizations that have demonstrated a positive attitude and tangible actions to foster gender balance in the air and space industry.
iWOAW’s Certified Women Friendly program acts as a reliable referral system for women seeking positive training and work environments and is the working basis for any organizations wishing to established a privileged relationship with iWOAW.
Upon completing the application form, qualified organizations receive an official seal and an upgrade to preferred listing (see features) in this directory.
To qualify for the iWOAW Certified Women Friendly label, organizations must demonstrate their commitment to fostering gender balance in the air and space industry. Criteria vary with the type of business and may include:
- Percentage of female employees in technical occupations and/or management positions
- Percentage of products adapted to female customers
- Female students’ success rate
- Number and quality of internal pro-women programs
- Family-oriented employee programs
- Outreach efforts towards women (advertising, local outreach, etc.)
ANNUAL PROCESSING FEE: $ 275 CAD
The $275 CAD processing fee is waived for organizations who can document their contributions to raising awareness and/or introducing girls of all ages to the air and space industry during Women Of Aviation Worldwide Week and apply for the label before March 15 of the applicable year.